Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Using Succelents for Flowers

I have not been totally in-love with the “Oh So Succulent Photopolymer Bundle”, like everyone else.  And I have seen this stamp/die set used in many ways.  I looked at the set, for a longgggg time, and saw flowers instead of plants.  Now that I think of it, are succulent’s plants or flowers??  Someone told me they are in the same family as cactus without the painful needles!

I created this card on Periscope with my lovely followers, and let me say we always have a good time.  One even said “thanks for showing us that cards just don’t appear, sometimes it’s a process”.  I agree, I want to show others, just because I am a demonstrator of great product, I struggle, or should I say, I take my time creating art.  Oh, yeah, that sounds better.

I digress, onto the card…and how I thought this was a mistake at first.

The stamp set is two-step, which means:
Create a single, multicolored image with Two-Step Stampin'--simply layer one image over another for fast and easy stamping with amazing results. The Two-Step Stampin' logo marks these sets in the catalog.

Step 1: Stamp the base image in a light color.
Step 2: Stamp the outline image in a darker color.

I used the stamps that looked like flowers, and created a background by randomly stamping, and stamping and more stamping.  When I was finished, I was not crazy about what was in front of me, but my scoping buddies said it was fine and let’s create a card.  So, I pressed forward…. unwilling at first but with laughter.

Colors I used to stamp in were Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum

Stamped on 3 ¾ x 4 ½ Whisper White Cardstock, cut three panels.  Sponged the edges with Basic Black Stampin’ Ink.

Placed on top of Daffodil Delight mat, cut at 4 x 5 ¼, which was then placed on Basic Black card base.  This was cut out of 8 ½ x 5 1/2, scored at 4 ¼.  I always use my bone folder to press down the crease to insure the card lays flat.

Sentiment is stamped in Basic Black onto a 3 x 1 Whisper White cardstock piece.  Adhered to a 3 ¼ x 1 ¼ Basic Black mat.  I wrapped some Linen Thread around each side, three times for texture. Added dimensionals to back and placed on front.

All in all, I think this turned out better than I anticipated.  Sometimes when we are making cards, we need to sit back look at it or even come back to it.  I always say, if it’s not glued down it can be changed!!

FYI…Retirement list will be posted as soon as I am allowed!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hugs from the bug,

No comments:

Post a Comment